A social media revolution seems to be happening all around us. But as companies are rushing to embrace social media, they frequently lose focus. Everyone says that your business needs to utilize social media more, but how many people tell you how? This post is part of a series on different ways you can use social media to interact with your customers.
Facebook is obviously the most popular social network, ahead of Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and everything else. But besides being the largest social network, it is also the network on which customers interact with brands the most. Your brand probably already has a Facebook page, but do you use it in the right ways?
Here are 3 suggestions for interacting with your customers on Facebook.
- Ask questions. – Whether you use the “Ask a question” polling feature or a regular status update, it is important to learn as much as possible about your customers. You can ask questions about everyday life to learn more about the behaviors of your customers, or get more specific. Ask people to share their experiences using your product. Whether reviews are good or bad, you can use them.
- Reward your fans. – Contests and promotions are excellent ways to spark interaction and get new fans or customers. Your Facebook fans need a reason to continue following your business, so make it worthwhile for them. Offer special deals that are exclusive to your Facebook fans or let them be the first to know about news, special events, or special offers. Contests that require fans to ‘Like’ your page and share it with friends are very popular. By sharing your page with their other friends, fans are getting a chance to win a prize as well as recommending your business to their friends. It’s a win-win.
- Interact back. – This is the most important thing to keep in mind. It doesn’t matter how many people ‘Like’ your Facebook page if it hasn’t sparked meaningful, two-way interactions. When a customer reaches out to you in any way, it is absolutely necessary to respond. Otherwise, what’s the point?
Other posts in this series:
- 3 Ways to Interact on Twitter
- 3 Ways to Interact on YouTube
- 3 Ways to Interact on LinkedIn
- 3 Ways to Interact on Tumblr
- 3 Ways to Interact on Google+